Coed 4v4 – Huntington Beach
WHAT: Coed Outdoor Soccer League (turf) EXPRESS SEASON
WHERE: Huntington Beach Sports Complex – 18100 Goldenwest Blvd, Huntington Beach – 92648
WHEN: Sunday day – games @ 11am, 12pm,
FORMAT: 4v4 play – 2 men and 2 women on the field | no goalies
ROSTER REQUIREMENTS: Minimum 7 players per team, max 11 (at least 3 women per roster)
REGISTRATION FEE: $40 per player
TEAM REF FEE: None
- 4 week EXPRESS season including playoffs
- team shirts provided
- stat tracking
- discounts on food/drinks @ sponsor bar
- individual and team awards
- league parties and events!
SPONSOR BAR: Sharkeez Huntington Beach (211 Main St., Huntington Beach – 92648)
2 for 1 drink specials. Free appetizer platters.
View Larger Map
1. Each player will be required to sign the player registration form. By signing the registration form you acknowledge that the Next Level Athletic Sports, Inc. (NLA Sports) is not responsible for lost or stolen property or any injury that may occur during the league.
2. A maximum of two (2) male players and not less than one (1) male player will be allowed on the field of play for each team. A maximum of three (3) female players and not less than one (1) female player will be allowed on the field of play for each team. Substitutions may be made on the fly.
3. NO SLIDE TACKLING. This will result in automatic RED card.
4. There are NO GOALIES allowed.
5. All players must wear matching shirts.
6. Cleats and Shin guards are optional so play at your own risk.
7. Playing fields will be 35 yards long and 25 yards wide. Goals will be approximately three (3) feet high by five (5) feet wide.
8. Games will consist of two (2) twenty (20) minutes halves with a five (5) minute half time.
9. There are no off-sides.
10. All scoring must be shot from the team’s offensive half of the field. A team can be awarded a goal on a direct kick made on a kick-off but not for a kick-in from the sideline. A goal can be scored directly on a corner kick.
11. When a ball goes out of bounds at the touchline, the team taking possession will start with an indirect kick at the point where that ball went out of play. Goal kicks will be taken anywhere on the line of the defensive penalty zone.
12. If, in a referee’s discretion, a team intentionally kicks a ball out of bounds (an inordinate distance) or fails to retrieve a ball in a prompt manner, for the purpose of allowing time to expire, they will be warned. If the situation occurs a second time, the opposing team will be awarded a penalty kick.
13. If a player touches a ball that has entered the penalty zone, the opposing team gets a penalty kick from the centerline. If a referee, in the referee’s sole discretion, determines that a team intentionally kicks a ball out of the penalty zone to avoid the scoring of a goal by the opponent, the referee will award a goal to the offensive team. If any subsequent infraction occurs a goal will be awarded AND the offensive team will be awarded a penalty kick.
14. PENALTY KICKS—Penalty kicks will be given for fouls and misconduct that are penalized under the FIFA Rules with a direct kick. Accordingly, a penalty kick will be awarded if a player, in the discretion of the referee:
· Commits intentional kicking, holding, tripping, charging, or pushing an opponent with excess force.
· executes or attempts to execute a “slide tackle” against an opposing player.
· Fighting – thrown out of the league FOREVER.
15. Penalty kicks will be taken from the centerline. All players must be behind the centerline when the penalty kick is being taken. The ball is dead when it’s forward momentum ends. Play will restart with an indirect kick at midfield by the opposing team if the goal is scored. If a goal is not scored, play will restart with an indirect kick at the centerline, by the team that took the penalty shot.
16. An indirect kick will be awarded to the opposing team for any foul that does not result in a penalty kick. For all indirect kicks, including sideline kicks, the opposing team must stand 5 yards from the ball, and all indirect kicks will be at least 5 yards from the goal zone in line with where the foul was committed. Corner kicks and penalty shots are only direct kicks in this league.
17. If the referee determines that a ball is played higher than shoulder height, they will reward an indirect kick to the opposing team at the point from where the ball was KICKED, not received. (The reason for this rule is to keep head injuries down and to promote ball control.)
18. A referee reserves the right to eject any player whose behavior at any time during the tournament endangers another player, referees, or the public. The league director has the right to extend the ejection to multiple games or the entire league, if the director, in its discretion, deems it to be warranted under the circumstances. This behavior shall be defined as, but not limited to:
· Play, which injures or is meant to injure
· Threatening or unsportsmanlike conduct (e.g. throwing a punch, fighting, etc.)
· Abusive language
19. Teams must be at the scheduled field ten (10) minutes prior to their scheduled game time. GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME! NO CALL NO SHOW WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! After the second offense, your team will be no longer allowed in this league so please COMMUNICATE!!!
20. A team will be awarded a goal immediately if the opposing team does not have minimum number of required players on the field ready to play. The second goal will be awarded after five (5) minutes and a forfeit will be called after the tenth (10) minute.
21. Substitution – You can only sub within your own division and you can allow up to 1 extra sub per gender. For example, if a team has three (3) players (2 male, 1 female), you can have up to 1 male and 2 female subs allowing one extra sub for the team.
22. To complete registration, everyone on the roster have signed the waiver form AND paid in full. If you haven’t paid, you will NOT be scheduled. This rule will be strictly enforced!
23. HAVE FUN AND RESPECT OTHERS!!!